REGISTRAR’S OFFICE (RO) DEPARTMENT
DEACONESS ONYEGECHA NWAWUEZE OFURUM is the Director, Special Duties (DSD) and she is the Head of Registrar’s Office Department
DIVISIONS AND UNITS IN THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE:
The Registrar’s Office is a Directorate comprising three major divisions and eleven Units headed by the Director, Registrar’s Office who superintends over the office on behalf of the Registrar/Chief Executive.
The Divisions and Units are:
|General Administration||Field Offices||Special Duties|
|• Legal Unit
• Media & Public Affairs Unit
• Internal Audit Unit
• Procurement Unit
• Central Stores
|• Examinations Policy Matters
• Field Offices
Support Services Unit
• Governing Board
• Production Unit
• Registrar/Chief Executive
FUNCTIONS OF THE REGISTRAR’S OFFICE
The Registrars’ Office is a Service Department of the Board which provides management and coordination for the day-to-day activities of the Registrar/Chief Executive. The Directorate is currently headed by a Director who is responsible directly to the Registrar/Chief Executive of the Board. The Registrar’s Office provides the following critical administrative and corporate support services:
- Production Unit
- Production of test items for Examinations of the Board;
- Coding, banking and selection of test items for production;
- Packaging and release of items for delivery to custodians.
- Any other functions related to archival and production of security documents.
- Field Services Unit
- To bring the Board closer to candidates, schools and all stakeholders, and conduct hitch-free examinations through Zonal, State and Liaison Offices.
- Handling of examination documents, identification of prospective centres and identification of credible personnel such as supervisors, examiners and coordinators.
- Sensitization and enlightenment of general public on all the activities of the Board in their respective Zones and State Offices.
- Identification of reputable Cyber Café for Biometric Data capturing for effective Examination registration exercise, etc.
- Examination and Policy Matters (EPM) Unit
- Confirmation of bonafide candidates and release of statement of results/certificates as appropriate.
- Check possible examination fraud and certificate racketeering to enhance certificate classification and promote prompt service delivery.
- Authentication of results and certificate to ensure that candidates and schools get their results and certificates as and when due.
- Check errors and duplications on certificates, etc.
- Clarification of the status/grading system of NABTEB certificates to individuals, private, public and corporate bodies and other stakeholders.
- Drafting of responses to enquiries from candidates, private/public and corporate organizations.
- Internal Audit Unit
- Internal control of pre-payment and post-payment to ensure conformity to accounting standards.
- Costing of material requirements for the Board’s examinations to ensure the economic, efficient and effective running of the Board’s financial activities.
- Ensures adherence to internal control system/mechanism and other regulatory Rules; reliability of accounting records and security of the Board’s assets, etc.
- Legal Unit
- Liaises with the Board’s external solicitors for speedy disposal of court cases involving the Board.
- Makes attendance in the court when necessary.
- Ensures that candidates involved in examination malpractices after thorough investigations are properly sanctioned.
- Creates conducive for settlement of pending pension matters of the Board’s retirees, etc.
- All other legal issues.
- Central Stores
- Provides adequate storage facilities for materials for examinations purposes and for daily departmental needs.
- Ensures accurate record keeping, cost effectiveness.
- Handles material requisitions and stock verification.
- Media and Public Affairs
- Creating of public awareness, sensitization and issuance of press release to showcase the Board’s programs/activities.
- All other activities geared towards publicizing the Board’s examinations and products.
- Corporate Support Services
- Projection of corporate existence and image of the Board as a national examining body and compliments the efforts of the Federal Government by keying-in the mandate of the Board into the change mantra of Mr. President.
- Drafting of submissions for quality assurance on minutes, memoranda and reports.
- Facilitates travelling arrangement and passages for staff on official assignments within and outside the country.
- Any other duties/responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Procurement Unit
- Collation of material requirements for smooth conduct of all examinations.
- Procurement of goods and services in line with the Public Procurement Act 207.
- Any other activities that would ensure value for money within the available resources.